Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Very cautiously optimistic

We got the blood work back from our reproductive center on saturday. This is how the conversation went:

RN: Sorry for the wait but its worth it. I have good news. We want anything over 100 and your levels are 340.
Me: Oh ok
RN: So we just need to have you have you back on Monday to redo the blood work to make sure your levels are doubling.
Me: Oh Ok
RN: so..... Congratulations
Me: wait, so this means I am Pregnant?!
RN: yes! Congrats!
Me: Oh OK
RN: You don't believe me do you?
Me: No not really
RN: thats ok. Its pretty typical. Just come back on Monday and I will tell you again, You're Pregnant!

(blood work on Monday came back at 740 so a little over doubled. Ultrasound on the third)

Quinn and I are very excited. But extremely guarded. The past two plus years have been full of Earth shattering, Life changing bad news. Its hard to believe we actually might have something go right for us. So as of this moment, I guess I am Pregnant. Yeah! Please pray that this kid is strong enough to stick around!

17 comments:

Laura said...

Oh what wonderful, careful, news! I'll be praying! Love you!

The Perry's said...

K I am so excitd for you I am crying! You guys deserve good news more than anyone I know! We love you and are praying for you!

Tiffy Ann said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you and we will definitely be praying for you guys.
Love you!

Kimberly Cantrell said...

Ahh! That is amazing! I am so happy for you guys. We will be praying!

Julie said...

How awesome! That is the greatest news ever!

vintageblueballoon said...

So HAPPY for you guys!!! Your in our prayers!

blythe said...

I am crying happy tears for you!! So excited! We'll keep you in our prayers!

Barb said...

That is so wonderful! I understand keeping your heart guarded. We will keep you in our prayers!

Brynn said...

A Christmas Miracle!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you guys and once again, I'm fighting back tears while at work. Love you and will keep you in our prayers!

Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

A great big WOW!
Praises to Heavenly Father!
And prayers for you and your precious baby!

Congratulations on your very exciting news.

Love,
Sandie

Marisa said...

Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm screaming at the computer screen right now!!!! That is amazing, amazing news! We will continue to pray that everything keeps going well. Wow.

Traci said...

Yay! I am sooooo happy for you guys. Congrats. We are praying for a happy healthy pregnancy!

Heidi said...

that is fantastic, I have been praying for you, I will keep doing so. Happy Holiday Kristy, you deserve it

ann said...

A Huge Congratulations Kristi and Quinn! My mom told me the news the other day after the wedding but I had to come to your blog and see it for myself. I will continue to pray for you family that all will go well. See you at the family Christmas party!!
Your cousin,
Ann

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

This is so amazing! We're so happy for you and will be praying for you as well. Congratulations!

Missy W. said...

Congratulations!
I don't know you (I think we have some friends in common), but I was so inspired by your blog that I have been checking back to see your updates!
We just did IVF in Sept, and I had the same reaction to the "congratulations" call from the nurse. It's so hard to let yourself celebrate after so many years of heartache. I'll be praying that your baby is growing and healthy!

~Walker Family~ said...

I just got the cold chills with this EXCITING new. You guys are always in our prayers.