Monday, August 15, 2016

Lila's bake sale




We had a bake sale / water party to raise funds for Lila's tree for the festival of trees. What started out as a summer activity for my activity days girls quickly turned into quite the ordeal. Asking for help is definitely hard for me. I feel awkward and guilty asking for money. I know this is a wonderful cause though and i really want to try and make this tree amazing so I knew I needed help. I was amazed by people and all the support we got. I was hoping for a certain amount and we exceeded that by far. I was so touched and deeply humbled by the people who brought baked goods and those who bought them, sometimes passing over far more money than they were actually suppose to pay. I am constantly realized all that Lila has given me. While she was here she was teaching me how to serve and now she is teaching me how to be served. I definitely felt her love that day. Thank you to everyone who participated. 










No comments: