Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!!



On July Third we got together with Quinn's extended family for a little celebration. We had a wonderful time


This picture of Calder is out of order but I realized I didn't put him in the city creek pictures and I didn't get a close up of Mike and Ash. Sorry. Isn't he cute though?


Quinn's Grandma HATES to be photographed so this is Quinn sneaking up behind her to snag a picture.


Of course my beloved cotton candy


Um...... I don't even know how to explain this one




On the fourth my family went up city creek canyon to have a BBQ. This was a childhood tradition that I love. It was great to be outdoors and to take in the beauty of our nation.








Quinn had the great idea of watching Murray's fireworks from our roof. We had an amazing view!



Cubbie was quite exhausted after barking at us on the roof and at the fireworks. I thought this photo was hilarious!

Hey people this is Quinn. We had a great 4th. Personally I felt it was a great time to reflect on just how greatful we all should be to have the liberties that so many others can only dream about. It also reminded me of a quote by Thomas Jefferson, "I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us that the less we use our power the greater it will be." We have all been given the freedom to be great and my hope is that we will constantly walk in humility. That is where true power lies. Peace Out.


5 comments:

Z said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great 4th! I love the quote at the bottom :)

Daphne A. Quist said...

I love it! You DID have a great 4th! You down played it and it was amazing! I love cotton candy too! What a fun tradition to also go in the canyon for a BBQ! Cubby is darling! She was obviously a trooper! :) Quinn, you never cease to amaze me, thanks for the great quote, it speaks volumes! :)

Brynn and Jesse said...

We were in City Creek Canyon with Jesse's family on the fourth! Too bad we didn't run into each other. I think we need to have a summer party with everyone soon!

patsy said...

Love all the new 4th pictures and the quote and comments from Quinn!!

lindsey kaye said...

You guys are always doing something fun! How about next time you invite us.. jk but let's hang out soon! Love the firework pic and the idea of sittin on the roof is amazing! Great quote too- call us soon!