Thursday, February 21, 2013

Excited mom is home?

With Lila it is always difficult to know if she is trying to let us know something or if she is just making noises. But tonight I felt like she was trying to get excited that her mom was home. I went to dinner with a friend and when I walked in Quinn was talking on the phone, since it was on speaker I started to say hello to the friend from across the room. Lila heard me and immediately started to laugh and smile. Quinn was so surprised because Lila had been pretty sedate all night while I was gone. He said he couldn't get any smiles out of her, and thought she might be getting sick. I walked over and rubbed Lila's head and said did you miss your mom? She gave me a huge smile. It felt so wonderful to have Lila be excited that I was home. Sometimes being a special needs mom you wonder if they even know you and are attached to you the same way other kids would be. I dream of Lila running to me and yelling Mom! and throwing her little arms around me. But I bet it feels just as nice as seeing your little special angel sitting on the couch and smiling when she hears her mom come home.

2 comments:

Barb said...

She's got a special connection to her wonderful mama!

Julie said...

That is so sweet! I love reading your blog. Your Lila is so beautiful! You always have her dressed so cute too! Of course she has a connection to her mom! I really appreciate your blog. I've been reading it since Lila was a few months old. Thank you for taking us on your journey with you. You are not alone! We are all blessed to be able to get to know and love Lila! I am also beyond excited for you and your future addition to your sweet family!