Friday, March 8, 2013

Hi peanut

You are just over 16 weeks along. I think I have felt a few little jabs from you but they are still so slight that maybe it's you maybe it's not.
I asked my friend who is an OB/GYN to take a little peek at you to see what you are. You were being very stingy and he couldn't get a good look at you. Although the kids I was tending at the time were hoping you were a boy so we could name you governor top hat.
Yesterday at the doctors they ended up doing and ultrasound and they are pretty sure you are a little girl but we will have to wait for the "official" ultrasound to really be sure.
They thought that there might be some abnormalities so if course your mommy has been a crazy woman this week. After going through all the ups and downs of your big sister the thought of you not being absolutely healthy is a little more than your mama can take. Dad has been awesome at trying to see the big picture (as he always is) and trusting that you will be born healthy. I am trying my best to keep calm and focus on being the best mommy to you and your sister.
Your big sister is awesome. She has been laughing and smiling to keep me happy and sane. I think she knows I am a bit stressed out so she is doing her best to cheer me up. She does this all the while she is struggling to breathe, winter is very hard for her and easy breaths are not as often as we would like. She is so incredible. She truly is an old patient soul trapped in this broken body. There are so many times i feel like she was sent just to teach me and i am doing nothing for her in return. I hope that you get the chance to really get to know her. I hope you two get enough time with each other to love each other.
Love you peanut. Wish you were safe in my arms healthy as can be but as for now we have to trust in a loving Heavenly Father and trust that he knows what is best.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I hope you can feel peace of mind during this pregnancy. Little peanut, you are an amazing miracle!