Sunday, May 17, 2015

The sweetest

For Lila's year mark my sister wanted to give me something special to remember the day. We saw this beautiful giraffe platter at anthropologe a few months after Lila passed and thought of her. Kelli went back to get it for me a few days later and it was gone. She called around to different anthropologies to see if she could find it. She spent hours upon hours trying to find this for me. She finally talked to customer service and they suggested that she email the designer personally. Kelli emailed her and told her the situation and about how giraffes are  so important to our family and she wanted to give me something on the yearmark of my daughters death. The designer wrote back and told her that she only had two platters left in her personal possession one for each of her daughters but that if Kelli would be willing to pay shipping she would give one of them to me. This platter is now so important to me for many reasons. For the remembrance of Lila, for the hours of work Kelli spent trying to get it for me and for the sweetness of a stranger who was willing to part with something special to ease the grieving heart of a mother. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

What kindness! And what a lovely remembrance of sweet Lila.

Kelli said...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY SWEETEST SISTER!! You means the WORLD to me!!