Saturday, May 28, 2016

A slap in the face


Tonight we went to a neighbors house for a bbq. All the kiddos sat together for dinner and played so well, I realized as I watched them that this is my kids little crew. This is who they will play with, who they will figure out how to resolve conflicts and have wonderful play dates with. And as I watched them it was like I was punched in the face. Lila should be there. She should be running through the sprinklers with the two girls that she is only months apart from. These would have been Lilas best friends. I started to cry and I hated that I did. I hate that grief can knock you off your feet when you are least expecting it, can steal beautiful and peaceful moments from you in an instant. Then I came home and I found this quote: 


It is my prayer that this is true. How I wish to see my little girl running through the sprinklers, soaking wet and deliciously happy. 

No comments: