Monday, June 27, 2016

Maddie

This little love is Maddie.  Last year she had an accident and fell off a wheelchair ramp and received a major brain injury. She was placed in a medically induced coma so that her brain could heal. It's been a year since the accident and Maddie has just started to talk to her mom about what happened during those three days. It's been pretty amazing, humbling  and faith provoking to hear. I don't want to share too much about this tender experience but Maddie got to spend some time with Lila. She said that Lila  couldn't stop hugging her and that she wanted to ask her all about her mom. (Melt my heart!) It's been fun to picture our girl hugging, chatting and being such a great comforter to others  in the next life. 
If only i could spend a few days with her. ....

2 comments:

nikki said...

Oh my goodness! That gives me chills. I have no doubt Lila is always concerned about your family

Barb said...

Wow, what a sacred experience.