Sunday, June 5, 2016

Remington

Another sweet Vici child has passed. Remington was born just a few days before Edison. We met their family through a Vici family support group on Facebook and we were shocked to find that they lived in bluffdale, just about 40 minutes away. Becky, his mother and I corresponded a few times with plans to meet someday. Unfortunately remi passed before we ever got the chance. Tonight was his viewing and since the kiddos were not feeling well I decided to go alone. I felt odd standing in a line where I knew nobody and even a little nervous because I wasn't completely sure what Becky looked like. To be honest just even being at a viewing again made me shakey and a little overwhelmed. When I met Remington's mom we immediately started crying and had that instant bond. I was so glad I went. It was nice to be there and support this Women I had never met and yet felt instantly close. 
Today was a good reminder of just how lucky and blessed our family has been. So many of these vici children have been leaving so young. There are times that it's easy for me to feel so cheated on the time that we didn't get to have with Lila. But today I am reminded that we were given so many years that others weren't. I hate this disease, I hate that it took another child too soon.I am so grateful for each day I got with my girl

1 comment:

nikki said...

Oh, this breaks my heart. He was taken much too young. I'm glad you were able to be there to support his family