Thursday, August 15, 2013

No go

It's  a no go. Im officially Throwing in the towel! Hospital says no room and probably no room tomorrow. Hopefully peanut comes home soon. 


Trying to keep busy

Waiting ...........
What do you do when you are waiting to see if you can have a baby or not? Dance !
We probably will not be going in tonight or tomorrow at this point. They are too busy. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. 

Inducing....


They just called and said today is not going to work! They are too busy. If we would want to come in tomorrow we can but they are even more busy tomorrow so I will probably be bumped again. The other option is to go in at eight tonight. That would be our best option to actually have a nursing staff. Aaaahhhh! 

Last bump shot


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Family of three

Last photo of just the three of us. Tomorrow is the day we welcome peanut. So incredibly nervous. 

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quote

I have been thinking about this quote quite a lot lately. I think it describes my life so perfectly right now. I think of the future as this big scary unknown. Especially that Lila is getting bigger and more difficult to maneuver, and it will continue to be a learning curve on how to balance her and a new baby, and also her health concerns. But I need to remember that I love her too much to worry about how she will affect our day to day life, how in the world we will manage. We will. I am grateful for the beauty of the unexpected and even the scary and unknown. 


Saturday, August 10, 2013

I hate the word rare!

So I got a phone call from the ER today. The doctor said that Lila has this rare big growing in the cultures they took, so he would call her in another antibiotic. Well our pharmacy called and said since its so rare they do not carry it. Primary's called back and said they had it and to come on in and it would be waiting. I thought a drive would be nice to I headed up. Once  I got there they said they didn't have anything for Lila. So after many phone calls they came back with the meds. The pharmacist made sure Lila was not tube fed. I said she was, he said she can't have the drug then. So many minutes later he came back with a new drug. Then he proceeded to tell me that this drug is dangerous and can cause joint damage and tendon rupture. I said she was non mobile, he said well maybe it's ok then. To which I pointed out that she can still feel pain! Ugh!!!! He said its either this med or an ER visit with IV meds. I hate those kind of decisions. I wish Lila had come with an owners  manual. And I hate the word rare! If everything is so rare why do they keep happening?!