Monday, August 2, 2010

two steps forward one step back









It is so hard not to be discouraged when your baby is in the nicu. Everyday is a different victory or set back. Unfortunately my little girl had to be put on a feeding tube yesterday, she just wasn't meeting her feeding goals and they were scared that she wasn't getting enough nutrients/calories. I feel like I was holding up really well till they had to put that tube in. Now I am just a little weepy. But I am so happy to know that she is getting what she needs. So sadly the hope of going home Tuesday is not going to happen, it will be a few more days at least. I just can not wait to get this little one home.

9 comments:

Bart and Michelle said...

Oh I love all these pictures of her awake and alert!! I LOVE the one of her looking right at you! She is beautiful!

Tiffy Ann said...

I'm so sorry that you can't have her at home with you! I pray that she gets well and able to be on her own fast.
I love you!
She is gorgeous!

Cotter said...

I'm with michelle... the one where she is looking right at u is priceless! She is so stinking cute!

Kelli said...

She 's SO beautiful! And I'm with everyone else. You need to frame that one... :)

Barb said...

It was so great to see you yesterday and give you a hug! That's just what I've been wanting to do! You are being such a trouper with this very difficult experience. I know Lila will get stronger and be home with you soon.

Brynn and Jesse said...

Kris, I just got back into town and looked at your blog. I'm so sorry Lila is still at the hospital; I can't imagine how hard that is. It looks like she is in good hands and that she is getting the care she needs. And she is beautiful! Her blonde hair is so striking. Please let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Kristi, your daughter is absolutely amazingly beautiful! Congrats!! You and Quinn have been in my prayers, I am sure Lila will keep improving, and soon enough(may not feel that way now) She will be home with you two. What a beautiful family you three make! Give my best to Q as well. Take Care!
~Kristine~

The Lee Family said...

I have been there, Isaac had pneumonia when he was born and it is so scary to see your baby like that. You are in our prayers.

She is so beautiful.

w and w said...

Oh, I want to cry for you. Hang in there! What a sweet moment it will be when she finally arrives in that beautiful nursery of hers! We want to see you again before we head out. If you can that is. lots it's going on. how we love your little girl!