Monday, April 9, 2012

We are looking to adopt.

When you become parents, the feeling of absolute love is so indescribable. That beautiful life brings so much perspective and humility. We have been given the most beautiful angel with our little Lila. Unfortunately, with the blessing of having such a special baby comes the uncertainty of having more of our own kids. We still have so much hope to see our own kids growing up and becoming what every parents wants, kids that have a chance to grow and to succeed and to love. Because of that hope and after much consideration Quinn and I have decided to put in our adoption papers. We have heard that networking with those we are close to helps tremendously in the process of finding a baby who needs a family. Please feel free to contact us if you know of anyone who is looking at adoption as an option. We really appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

please do us a favor and post our blog and story on your blogs and social media sites so that we can get the word out. We would really appreciate it!

10 comments:

vintageblueballoon said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats! I keep my ear open in the adoption circle. You guys are amazing! You are always in our prayers.

Marisa said...

Hi sweet Kristi! My very dear, close friend Gina, from high school placed a baby about 11 years ago. She's since started a non-profit called "Birth Mother Baskets" where she donates baskets to birth mothers to take home when they leave the hospital so they don't leave empty handed. I passed along your info to her and she said she'll do a post about you this week on her blog http://www.birthmotherbaskets.blogspot.com/ and also add you to her "hoping to adopt" tab. She is so amazing and I know she'll spread the word for you!

Marisa said...

P.s. I also wanted to share your info on my blogs, if thats ok. My family blog is private so the audience is smaller but my food blog gets anywhere from 200-700 page views on any given day. So I hope that would spread the word to a bigger group of people. Do you mind if I link back to your blog? You and Quinn are such amazing parents and Lila is so blessed to have you. Any other children that join your family will be so incredibly lucky!

Marisa said...

Okay. Sorry to be writing my 3rd comment. I just sent you a private message on Facebook ;)

Diana said...

I came over here because I am somehow related to Marcus Shields and he posted it on his blog and facebook and I stayed to read about your wonderful family! :) I wish you the best of luck and will send up some prayers on your behalf. We, too, have special needs in our family and we know the challenges and celebrations that come along with that. I have such a strong testimony of adoption and I KNOW that Heavenly Father gets Spirits to the families they belong in no matter the channels they travel through. I wish you the best and must leave you more comments! ;)

Julie said...

I shared your information on my facebook page. You and your family are in our prayers.

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

Marisa sent me your info... here is our post. We are praying for you.

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

http://birthmotherbaskets.blogspot.com/2012/04/meet-quinn-kristi-and-lila.html#links

Ian & Ann said...

That is awesome! My sweet friend and neighbor is using an agency called The Gardian Angel. They have you put together an adoption book to give to the perspective mothers and they kinda choose the baby's family and with that you and she decides if you want an open or closed adoption. She also said that you would qualify to go through LDS Family Services and that is a little less financially; they do 10% of your income. Keep us posted. We love y'all:)

Cynthia said...

I'm happy so, so happy you guys made a decision. We will keep you in our prayers for sure! Which agency are you going through? My good friend (whose son also has a rare disease called cystinosis, this is her blog: littlebravesambo.blogspot.com) her father in law is head of LDS services. I dunno if that means anything but I just wanted to throw it out there if that small tidbit could be of any help?