Friday, November 9, 2012

My constant companion

Today I just kept thinking over and over how grateful I am that Lila is still with me. I know that kind of goes without saying but for some reason today I was just struck with tons of gratitude. On this snowy day Lila and I cuddled and laughed and had such a great time together. She is my constant companion and my best little buddy. i have come to understand her personality so much more in the past few months, she is such a beautiful soul. I feel like we have a connection that can't be explained. I love how she smiles when she hears my voice, I love when I look back in the car and see her with me, I love when it gets real quiet she will sit and listen and then when she hears you break into a huge smile, I love that her laughs sometimes are huge full body movements, I love how she laughs when I laugh, and how she tries so desperately to turn her eyes to find me. I have wondered if I will still feel her with me after she is gone. I imagine that I will. How could someone be such a huge part of your soul and then just be gone? I've the feeling that she will always be my little constant companion.

4 comments:

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

Kristi,
It breaks my heart that you even have to think that one day you won't have your precious Lila with you. I think that you are absolutely right. She will always be a part of your life from now until forever. Cherish every moment with that precious perfect baby girl!!

Kimberly Cantrell said...

A few posts ago when you posted the picture of just you and Lila I had the same kind of thought about you two and while looking at the picture I was struck with how much you mean to her as her mother and how much she means to you as your daughter. It was such a touching feeling that I sat there for a few minutes staring at the picture trying to put into words how I felt while looking at it. It is such a beautiful mother-daughter picture :)

Steve and Liz Evans said...

I agree Kris! Cherish every moment with her. She does has a beautiful soul that radiates! I have felt that with her. You are lucky that you get to feel it so often with her. She is lucky to have a mama like you!

Barb said...

You have a special bond that transcends this world. Love you girls.