Thursday, March 6, 2014

I hate seizures.

Seizures stink. I loathe them. After sharing a room with my Lila the past two months I have realized how much she is really up in the night seizing and then unable to fall back asleep. She never sleeps, the poor girl. I can't believe she can actually still give me smiles during the day. I would be a grumpy mess. 
A couple a nights ago Lila was having seizure after seizure so we decided to use out emergency stash of liquid Valium. It's suppose to help seizures stay away for up to eight hours. The risk is your child could get so relaxed they stop breathing. Lila did fine and had the best nights sleep in a while. Just broke my heart. If only we could find something to help these seizures!!! Let me tell you that watching your child seize and not being able to do anything is the worst feeling in the world. I have never felt so desperate. I hate seizures. 

No comments: