Friday, March 11, 2011

Six Years!!!

To start off our six year anniversary we had to take Lila in for more blood work at Primary's but after we had her vision therapy. I love vision therapy! Our vision therapist Sherilyn is a saint. She is the most positive person and always gets excited about Lila even if I don't think she has been making progress. Lila loves her light box, she reaches out to touch all the objects on them. I feel lucky that we got Sherilyn and that there are wonderful people out there wanting and willing to help us.
Lila still isn't her usual self. We took her in and she has yet another ear infection! So that could be causing her to not coo and smile. Honestly when will this girl catch a break??!!
We did hear back from genetics though, all of the genetic testing is normal. They are sill stumped.


Quinn is very very excited to have a big juicy steak! (what a goofball)



SIX YEARS!!! Wow, time is flying! We had a great anniversary celebration thanks to wonderful Grandma's who watched Little Miss for a good portion of the day. Thank you! We went to a movie, had an amazing couples massage and went to a romantic dinner. We were in need of a little couples time.
Happy Anniversary Quinn. This year we find ourselves in one of the darkest moments of our lives, but I am so lucky to have you by my side. You are my rock and my best friend. I love you.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Happy anniversary! What a blessing that you have each other. I hope next year is a better one.

Zane and Lexi said...

There are LoTS of people who love you and want to be there for you :)
Happy six years! Glad you got to celebrate and spend quality time with each other!

Robbie and Margot said...

Happy Anniversary Kristi! I know we have not seen each other forever, but your blog has really touched my heart and your daughter is absolutely beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about all of the tough times you have had in the last year. I know your doctors are doing everything they can for your little girl. My husband is a chiropractor and I was talking to him about your little girl and he said if it was our child he would also take her to a chiropractic neurologist in addition to the medical doctors because they can help work with the baby as well as teach you exercises and activities to stimulate different portions of the brain using a different approach than the approach a medical doctor would take. He says that usually people go to chiropractors as a last resort but in many circumstances they really can help by providing extra care in addition to the medical care that the doctors and therapists are giving your child. We are living in Texas and we know a well known chiropractic neurologist here (he was one of my husband's professors). If you would be interested in that we could get his contact information and maybe you could set up a phone consultation so he could tell you whether or not he believes a chiropractic neurologist could help you and maybe could refer you to one in Utah. Just let me know if you would be interested. my email address is merrilljohnson@gmail.com We wish you all the best and you and your family are in our prayers always.
Margot Merrill-Johnson

The Lillians said...

Happy Anniversary! We will keep you in our prayers. Lila is so adorable, I love the pic of her laying by the light box.