Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Training 2011

Listen people. I know there is some serious seriousness going around the Kimball house these past days. So I must come before you to tell you, fun is a must in a time of stress. This pic will tell you all you need to know about how serious I am that the Cubs will win the World Series this year, Seriously! I learned by several sources that the Cubs have dedicated their 2011 bid for global domination to the Kimball clan, Lila in particular. I have every confidence that after 102 years in futility Lila's approval is the last ingredient to achieving the previously unattainable. Thanks Cubs.
This scoreboard has served as a bold reminder of every loss in the last 20 years of my families attendance of Chicago Cubs baseball. It ends now. The cubbies won every contest we beheld, a first. Coincidence? I don't think so Scooter. 76 degrees, sunny and lots of skin that should otherwise be covered. Yummy
When I look at this hollow ground I think of Ray Consela playing baseball with his dead dad in Field of Dreams. Now playing baseball with dead people is weird , but it makes you appreciate the American spirit of overpriced beer and under cooked wieners. I must say smelling the grass and feeling the sun on my overexposed dome are such welcome reminders of the rebirth that comes every year. It also give me a moment to reflect that in times of need or want the sunshine is just around the corner.
Some people say my dad reminds them of me. Funny, I was thinking the same thing. After he shaved his mustache he even looks kind of like me. It is because of him I have learned there is so much to look forward to and that I can utilize my gifts to help others. In my immediate circumstance, I can help my two most favorite ladies. I have to say a quick thanks for all that read this blog and pray my family. Courage, persistence, and a fixed gaze to those truths we hold to be eternal will lead us from the dark to the light. Kind of like the Cubs winning after all those years. Oh what a feeling when they win. I can say I payed way to much money to watch them lose for all those years and planned too many vacations with Kristi around where the Cubs would be playing but to experience ultimate victory is a feeling only a few of us will feel. COUNT IT!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Quinny you have Henry and I laughing so hard on this end! Thanks for the early morning entertainment! LOVE YOU!

Cotter said...

Quinn you crack me up!!! Glad AZ treated you well. I am thinking you guys should move here... you would be able to every cubs spring training game. Think about it.