Thursday, April 21, 2011

music.

A cute friend of mine was talking about Lila to the owners of the imagination place in brickyard. They were touched by our story and offered Lila a full scholarship for a music class. We went yesterday, I'm not sure if Lila liked it or not but at least she was getting the stimulation from the music and all the other little kiddos. That was so nice of the owners and it really meant a lot to me to do some "normal" activities with her.
I must admit it was a bit tough. All the moms were talking about when their kids sat up, rolled over or started to scoot. I felt a bit left out. I was wearing my courage bracelet from Nikki and felt a lot of comfort knowing that a courageous mom I know does everything she can to make her daughter feel as normal as possible, even if it's not the most comfortable situation for her. Plus my little love bug is the most courageous girl ever. She takes everything in stride.

We met with the GI doc yesterday as well. Good and bad news there. Bad news, No G tube. Good news, he seems to think that the best thing to do is see if she grows out of it. Which means this may not be a chronic problem. He was encouraged by her cough and gag reflexes, something that the docs said she didn't have when we were inpatient. It is so funny how so many doc have such different observations and opinions and they can vary so widely. So good news in that she may grow out of it, bad news that we are stuck with our NJ feeding tube for a bit.

2 comments:

Brynn said...

You are a great mom! Lila is so lucky to have you

nikki said...

I took Eliza there too! She still loves listening to the CDs they gave us. I am sure Lila enjoys it more than she can show. If she is anything like Eliza, music will become one of her very favorite things.