Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lila's health update.

A little health update. For the most part Lila has been pretty stable. She is still a gorgeous and sweet little thing who has more patience than anyone I have ever met. Unfortunately her seizures have been getting worse and we can't seem to control them. We have tried different meds and then weaned off to try new ones. But her seizures are frequent and more "violent" (I can't think of a better word) She also has these seizures that scare her. She has them then she starts to whimper, get a sad face and start to panic. It breaks my heart. She does better if I am there and can comfort her . Hopefully we can figure something out so these seizures can get under control.
Lila's hip is stable thank goodness. Its not pulling out of the socket any more than normal, but her left foot has started to turn in on itself. We try to stretch it and help it stay straight but it is determined to turn in.
The next foe is constant suction, UGH, The machine below is our constant companion, Poor Lila has to be suctioned about 20 to 30 times a day. She is a trooper but she hates it. I am sure this goes hand in hand with the bad news we received about her lungs, poor thing.
She has also started to become more needy. Something that I must admit I kinda love but am a little nervous for when Peanut shows up. She has been sad at night and will cry but will immediately stop if I pick her up and cuddle her. Sometimes daddy can't even calm her so I am feeling pretty wanted and it is such a good feeling. Although I wish she wasn't sad in the first place. Maybe she is just starting to act out cause she knows she wont get all the attention soon.  : )

2 comments:

Barb said...

Poor little Lila! She's got a great mama (and dad), so of course she wants you when she's sad!

Lynn and Barbs said...

You are amazing! My heart aches for both you and Lila. You are such brave, caring, loving parents. You continually put one foot forward. We love you!