Monday, April 7, 2014

A rough weekend and conference.

It has been a rough couple of days. Lila has a terrible cold. Which means that we are up suctioning at least six or so times a night. So I'm a little sleep deprived.  Also very unexplainably I have come to realize that Lila  has put on 11 pounds. She was 22 pounds for years and all of a sudden she's 33. I have so much anxiety about her getting older and heavier that this news of rapid weight gain has put me into a bit of a tailspin. I worry so much about how I will get her around, how she will be comfortable and how I will be mobile enough to make Rubys childhood fun and adventurous. It's my huge fear for the future and with her weight gain it just seems like it's been magnified. Plus I'm kind of doing this solo since Quinn has been so busy remodeling our new home for us. I know that it's just bad timing but it's been causing me to be very teary the past few days. Lila for her credit is always in a sweet mood. Yesterday I woke up to find her covered in gunk and yuckiness and yet she gave me a huge smile as soon as I talked to her. She is my true example of going through hard times with a smile on your face. 
That's why having conference come was such a good thing this weekend. To listen to the words of prophets and apostles who talked about our end goal in this life. Lila's  situation is going to be so short when compared to eternity. 
A quote that touch my heart so much was by president uchtdorf. he states, 
" We are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny."
I love that. Endings are not our destiny. 

Lila loving her conference packet by grandma Patsie. 
Ruby stole her sisters candy. 

And a conference nap. : ) 

No comments: