Monday, June 27, 2011

eleven months

My baby is Eleven months today. I can't believe it.
Lila is doing better with head control. Still can't hold her head up but she is able to push back and bob around before dropping it, but I must admit she is trying harder these days. She use to be pretty passive and now she is actually trying.
She is kind of off and on with her vision. Some days are better than others. But our vision therapist is really excited by what she sees every time she comes, so I have to take comfort in that since she sees kids who have vision impairments everyday.
Lila has been so happy lately. So willing to smile and even to laugh. We have gotten a few big bursts of laughter. She is smiling at stimuli and not just randomly so it's so enjoyable to interact with her. She loves to use her voice. My favorite is when she lets out a large yell that even scares her a little bit and she jumps at her own voice and then laughs.
Unfortunately she is still having seizures. They are horrible to watch and just break my heart but I really don't want her to be on any meds because I feel like she is much more interactive without them. So I hope that they stay relatively small and we can stay off medication.
We have certainly been blessed to have our little lady in our home. She radiates pure love and joy.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Look at her little grin, such a sweetie.

Kelli said...

Happy 11 Months Little Miss! We love you so so much!

Kelly said...

She is so sweet! I loved running into you at Maggie Moos!... You are always in my prayers.

Robbie and Margot said...

Happy 11 Months Lila. I love reading about all of your wonderful accomplishments! I love the big smile in your picture too!