Tuesday, June 14, 2011

please pray for Callahan

During this experience with Lila I have always said that a blessing that we have received is to meet amazing people. Two of those people is Nikki and Callahan. They are such a great couple. Their daughter Eliza has a rare neurological disease called MLD that is degenerative. They have really shown me what it means to take a trial and turn it into something positive. Nikki stared Eliza's library and Callahan started team give, a charity to help those with neurological disorders. Nikki has been so supportive and kind to me and has really helped me deal with Lila's situation. She reached out to me when she learned about Lila and it has made such a difference in my life.
They had us over for dinner one night and the image of Callahan and Quinn sitting on the couch still makes me teary. Callahan was holding Eliza and Quinn was holding Lila and they were talking about how much their girls had their hearts and how special they were. There is just something about a dad holding his little girl, especially these sweet angel kiddos, that tugs at the heart strings.
Callahan was in a cycling accident this weekend and suffered a spinal cord injury. At this point he can only lift his arms slightly and move one leg a little bit. His hands, fingers, feet, toes and leg can't move. I am putting this on here (I hope Nikki doesn't mind) because I really believe in the power of prayer and have been touched by all those, even those I don't know, who have prayed for my Lila.
You can learn more about Eliza and how Callahan is doing here

No comments: