Friday, June 24, 2011

Little personality


She smiles so easily now..
Lila is slowing showing us her personality. It has taken a little bit longer than most kids but we do get to see it from time to time. Lately she has been giving me kisses. Which of course I ADORE! She flips her head up and sucks on my cheek. When I tell her thank you for the kisses she gives me a little smile.
She also has a little mischievous side. The other day after I put her to bed I was hearing her gasp. I rushed into check on her put was just met with a huge grin. I gave her kisses and left only to hear the gasp again. I stayed in longer to watch her but she didn't do it again. I left and a moment later gasping. I called the on call doc scared to death that a hospital stay was looming. He, not knowing Lila, was super concerned but said it was up to me. I waited till she fell asleep and there were no more gasps. As I was telling my mom and sister about it the next day they just started to laugh. They said have you ever thought she was doing it for attention? I hadn't. I guess I didn't giver her enough credit.
Last night Quinn and I were walking past her room when I slowly closed her door. Immediately a huge gasp came from the crib we ran inside and was met with a huge grin. It lasted quite a while as I explained it was bed time. So hilarious.
She also has the sweetest little soul. While we were in the hospital I would notice that when I held her hand she would rub her thumb against my fingers. Seemingly to comfort me much more than I was comforting her. At fist I thought that is was a fluke but she has been giving me these types of loves for a while. We have noticed that she will put her hand on ours and give it a squeeze or a rub. What a sweetie.

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a little sweetheart, communicating in her own ways. I love it.

Kelli said...

Lila Bear is the sweetest little girl!! LOVE YOU LILA!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

I love hearing moments like these!! Oh I just want to munch her cheeks!! She is such a sweety!

nikki said...

What a sweetheart! We need to get together soon because I want to give her a big squeeze. She is darling.

I am glad she is communicating. You will learn her cues more and more. Eliza grinds her teeth when she wants my attention - works every time because the sound is terrible :)