Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy "rare disease day" to all the angels out there!!!

Did you know that today is world rare disease day?!!!!! On this rare day I hope we can think of all the families who are affected by rare conditions.

Did you know?

-350 million people have rare diseases. That is more than all cancers and aids combined!

- 7,000 people are identified with rare diseases that have no cure.

- less than 5% of rare diseases have any therapies or treatments.

I want to send my love to all the families affected by rare diseases. I can honestly say that while I have never met you, I love you with every ounce of my being. You are the keeper of angels.

The global genes project is where I got the stats above and where this little slogan is from. I like it. Hope is always something to strive for.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, I had no idea about those stats.

Laura said...

We are wearing our ribbons at Ensign. I even mentioned little Lila to help us understand. Love you!!