Thursday, October 24, 2013

A gift in the mail

When we got home from Park city today I had a package waiting for me on the porch. It was from my friend Margot. Inside was a letter from her little boy asking Lila  to be an honorary member of his baseball team. They are the Cubs this year and they knew how much we love the cubbies. Lila was so excited when I told her about it. She got her big eyes and started to smile and laugh. It meant so much to her and to us. 



Lila's team mates 

There was also a gift for me and for Ruby. My absolutely Favorite new necklace! 

And Ruby's hand stitched blanket. 
I hope I don't embarrass her by sharing this. But this was one of those moments where I was truly touched by someones generosity. This whole experience with lila has shown me that there are such  amazing and wonderful people out in the world. It was quite the pick me up that I needed after the hospital.  I am truly grateful for the lives that Lila has touched. And for those people who continue to bless ours. 
Thank you so much! 

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a treasured and thoughtful gift.