Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We're home!!!

We are home! This little fighter is amazing! I don't know how many times we have heard that she shouldn't have made it through this. She is incredible.  
We ran out of there. We were so excited. I think I was giving the nurse a panic attack because I kept pestering her to leave.

What we learned this time: The little lady's   kidneys do not process potassium correctly. So she gets rid of it through her urine. We will have to take a potassium supplement for the rest of her life and continue to check her potassium levels with blood draws. I always am amazed when I find out these new things about Lila that she has survived this long. She must have so much to do. So many lives to touch. 

1 comment:

sanda said...

She has definitely touched mine. We were at your house for Will Richards surprise graduation party, I married his brother and I have been reading your blog ever since. Congrats on your newest beautiful addition and also on all being home together. Thank you for your beautiful words and perspective.