Saturday, May 7, 2011

First Mothers Day

My mom is amazing. She spent so much time and energy to ensure her kids success. Because of her example, my expectations were high when I knew I would marry kristi. I have to say she is everything I could ever hope for in a mom. I wish you all could spend a day in our lives to see that I am not exaggerating. In great times she is fun and hilarious. Her infectious smile is intoxicating and her laugh breaks down thick barriers
Lately, we have been forced into a situation where the tough times are more frequent and intense and I have seen that Kristi's greatest gifts shine bright. Her love for Lila, her persistence in fulfilling Lila's needs before her own, and her commitment to this family are inspiring. My only wish for you today kristi, is that you recognize how amazing you are, how loved you are, and how lucky we are to have you. Here is to the first of many celebrated mothers days for the most wonderful woman I know. Love, Quinn

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh Quinny, I love you so much! Thank you for being so good to my sweet sister, who I agree is an AMAZING woman! Happy Mother's Day Kris. I know that this journey is much different than you thought it would be, but I agree that you have SHINED & Lila is the most precious gift we ever could have asked for in the family. I am so grateful for the day that she made YOU a mom!

Barb said...

What a wonderful tribute to Kristi!! You are a great mom and I hope you feel loved today.

Daphne A. Quist said...

Oh Quinn!! I'm so happy she is your sweet wife and mother to Lila!! What a sweet message, Kristi...you are amazing, and I'm continuously in awe at you and am too inspired by you. Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Cheeseboy said...

Very nice Quinn!

nikki said...

That is so sweet! A wife can never hear those kind words enough. Kristi is amazing!!!

Anya said...

wiping tears..well put!
Anya