Saturday, May 28, 2011

Things I could NEVER do...

Those gorgeous eyelashes are little minefields for trying to get past...

I vividly remember crying to Quinn that he could never go out of town again because there was no way I could ever put in Lila's contacts. Now I'm better than him at it ; ) - a little joke between us-

I must admit I cried and squirmed the first time I had to clean around her tube and change the dressings.

It is crazy to look back and think of all the things I thought I could never do or that would ever happen. Put in contacts for one, do medical things such as cleaning around G tubes for another. (I find it rather ironic that my whole family is medical and use to these types of things and yet I was given this challenge. They could deal with it a lot better than I)
I don't say this to pat myself on the back I am just excited for all the things that I think will never happen that will. I remember thinking that Lila would never smile or laugh, and she does. How wonderful is that? I get down and think she will never do this or that, or she will miss out on this (I feel a little ashamed admitting that) but this little cupcake is going to prove my doubts wrong, I can just feel it.

5 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

I feel like if you say you cannot do something Heavenly Father will show you you can. It has happened to me multiple times. You are awesome Kristi, you totally amaze me!!

Barb said...

You and Lila are both breaking down barriers and shattering expectations and I know you will continue to do so.

Kelli said...

Kristi I love you so much! I have always known that you are more capable then you give yourself credit for!!!

nikki said...

It is amazing what you can do when you have to, huh? I am so excited to hear that she is showing some progress with her hands, head etc! That is amazing. What a strong girl!!!

Anya said...

:) :) :)