Tuesday, May 3, 2011

inspiring moms



I saw this commercial today and just started to sob. It really touched me. It gave me some hope. Something that I must admit I have lost in the last few weeks. I thought I would share.
I want to thank all the moms in my life. The mothers that have supported me and lifted me up. The friends who have called and have left messages, and who hurt right along with me.
I am in awe of the mothers of special needs kids. You are inspiring! You have learned unconditional love, patience, long suffering, joy in the small moments, strength, charity and courage. Lessons that I am trying to understand, and wishing I could learn some other way : ) Thank you for reaching out to my family. It is so nice to talk to someone who actually understands. We are in a group no one wants to belong to, and yet I feel that I am in the company of giants.
To Lila's second mom, Kelli. Thank you for always helping us, for supporting me and for making this some what bearable. I would be lost without you. Thanks for showing me how to be a great mom for the last 10 years!
And finally to my mom. Thank you for still believing in me and for always, with unwavering faith, believing in Lila. You are inspiring. I know this hasn't been easy for you. It's hard to watch your kids hurt, but you are amazing. Thank you for being such a great mom! I am blessed. I rely on your faith. You and Lila are kindred spirits. I feel so blessed to know both of you.
As my first mothers day approaches I am a little saddened that it is not what I pictured, but I wouldn't give it up. Lila, I love being your mom. You bring me so much joy. You are my biggest teacher and my greatest achievement. I am awed by your strength and patience and great attitude. I feel honored you chose me, that you let me take this path with you. I don't know what the future holds (my biggest frustration!!) but as your daddy always says, it doesn't matter, I have you and I have daddy. Thank you for giving me the greatest gift, Thank you for making me a mother.

10 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

I haven't even watched the commercial yet and I am in tears. You amaze me. You don't realize how many people look up to YOU! Lila is just as lucky to have you as her mom. I love you Kristi and I hope you know even though I'm far away - you are ALWAYS on my mind and in my prayers. Happy First Mother's day :)

Barb said...

Wow, what a powerful video. I'm so glad you are finding inspiration and strength from other moms and know that you are inspiring and strengthening others, too.

patsy said...

Lila is the luckiest little girl alive to have you as her mother.... and I know Heavenly Father knew that also!!! You are an amazing Mom!!

Bart and Michelle said...

I'm in tears...I agree with all the above comments. YOU are a phenomenal mother!! Lila is one lucky little girl! love you.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

She is a beauty Kris! Love the beautiful hair and eyelashes!!! Happy mom's day! You are amazing Kris!!! In honor of mom's day, do you want to do a litzas run this week? Caroline would love to meet her friend Lila because lets face it you know they were friends in heaven and are just waiting for us to get them together!

Cotter said...

You are such an amazing mom. What an example to all of us! Love you!

Kelli said...

i love you so much kristi! where would i be without my soul sister?! happy mother's day to one BEAUTIFUL mom (inside AND out!!!)

p.s. it is my extreme privilege being lila's second mom. and i know that you know i TRULY love her like she is my own!! :)

The Gardners said...

Kristi...thank you for your bravery and courage to speak your truth. I have always admired the fact that you are able to maintain your tender heart while becoming the warrior mommy that you are...and you are! Lila is a breathtaking beauty and I hope I get to squeeze her sweet cheeks sometime soon. You, Lila and Quinn remain in my prayers daily and my thoughts CONSTANTLY. I don't think you'll know the far reaching effects of your sweet tender words on this blog, but I check for updates almost compulsively. And I don't even keep up on my own blog! I miss you and would love to be here for you...in any way. You are Lila's greatest hero. And a fantastic example to me of what real faith, endurance and unconditional love really look like. I miss you!!!

Love, Kacey

nikki said...

Well said! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Julie said...

You are a beautiful mother. It's amazing the strength you possess. The incredible love that you have for your beautiful little Lila is precious. It moves me to tears every time I read your posts. You are an inspiration to all mothers.

My little brother is special needs. He makes me appreciate all the little things in life. He has so much worth in this world. He has changed many lives with his infectious smile and love for everyone. He makes me want to be a better person.

I am sure that Lila has and will touch many lives. She is an incredible little girl that has so much worth. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I hope you had an amazing Mother's Day!