Monday, July 11, 2011

Mayo

The Mayo clinic called and they want to see us. In person. This was a really hard decision for Quinn and I but we have decided to fly out to Minnesota to go see the Doctors out there. (We were so sad that Arizona doesn't have a pediatric neurology department, we could have pretended we were going on a vacation.) I think we were both a little sad that we have to actually go out there we were so hoping that we could work in coordination with Primarys and do the tests they want to do here and they could make their decision remotely.
I think we are not very hopeful that we will get a diagnosis, even through the Mayo clinic. Which would be wonderful in some ways and hard in others. I go back and forth. I want to know to have a better idea of what her life will be like, how long she will be with us but I would also feel relieved if they don't find anything wrong with my baby.
So if anyone has any good tips about doing the out of state referral, or anyone knows anything about Rochester and the Mayo Clinic please let me know. We go in September.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I have no tips but lots of good thoughts for you guys. :)

nikki said...

We know a great Utah family that moved back there while their daughter had a bone marrow transplant. He is on teamgive and they had to do IVF with PGD like us. Great people and I am sure they would love to talk to you about their experience if you are ever interested. Just let me know.

Heidi said...

One of my best college friends is Blythe and she just emailed me a link to this post. I live in Rochester, my husband is a surgical resident at Mayo. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, I think Blythe will send you my email.

Marisa said...

Hey, Kristi. I also have a friend from high school who's a resident at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. I could also ask him any questions you have if you'd like.