Sunday, July 17, 2011

new accessory


Lila has a new accessory. She got her button on Monday. I was so excited to get it, I just didn't realize how traumatic it would be. They put numbing cream around her hole and while we sat and waited she had her longest and most intense seizure (thankfully they still are only lasting a few seconds.) Still shook up from her seizure the doc came in and said it's going to be pretty traumatic. They use to put kids out for this but just can't justify the expense anymore. Then he just pulled her old tube out (I think since I was shutting my eyes rather tight) Lila cried so hard. For a mom of a baby that never cries this was heart wrenching! I sat and watched as blood oozed out of a hole in my baby's tummy, it honestly looked like a gunshot wound. Then they slid the button into the hole. It was horrible. Hopefully this will help her be more comfy though!

3 comments:

Brandon B said...

Kristi, you are amazing. I'm so impressed by how you handle all of the challenges and twists that are thrown your way. I really look up to you! I can't imagine how difficult this would have been. I don't comment often, but really, I think you're incredible!

-Brandon

nikki said...

Darn! It must still be healing a little. Let me know when you need is swapped out (every few months)
because it is really easy to do. It only takes about 20 seconds and we don't see blood. Of course, Kelly would probably know how to do it too.

Ang said...

Oh my gosh poor baby (and mommy). The tube change thing has always been stressful for me!! Luckily (or not lucky....depends on how you look at it) my girl is usually under for some other reason. She will probably get granulation tissue with the trauma. O had it something fierce and had to have thee surgeries to remove it. Nothing worked for it except 'Button Buddie's. Google them, they are awesome!! No medicine or cream, just The fabric. They were miracle workers for us!! I hate painful medical days:(((