Sunday, July 31, 2011

Party!! (number one)

What an adorable cake! (I can say that because I didn't make it) It's so Lila....

Lila is Lucky to have family that adores her. Her Grandpa just loves her and Lila responds accordingly. She chats with him and gives him smiles, they are such good friends.
I felt really good that people kept asking me if I made her cute banners, I guess you have a lot of faith in my craftiness. (I didn't make them)
Lila wasn't to interested in opening presents
We gave Lila some frosting from her cake. She wasn't too impressed. I was shocked considering how much her mama loves sugar.



I thought this pic was so funny. Look at Mikey's face, I don't think he was too happy with my camera happy moment.

Kelli gave me this adorable shirt while we were still in the hospital when Lila was born. I can't believe she can wear it now! Thanks Kel!
Can you tell I LOVE sweets?!
A Very rare photo, these two looking at the camera.










We had a first birthday BBQ over at our house to celebrate my sweet angel. I thought that I really needed to make Lila's first birthday a huge party, instead of curling up into a ball and having a good cry, which is what I wanted to do. It worked! We had so much fun and really celebrated her life. I think I had a lot of people praying for me because I was really dreading her first birthday. I thought that we would have far more progress than we do, but I had a wonderful time with family the first night and friends the next. We got to revel in Lila's sweet spirit and the blessing that she is.
Thank you family for being so wonderful and supporting us! We sure do love you guys.

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a gorgeous party and birthday girl! She is very loved. (And PS- your yard and deck look amazing!)

Robbie and Margot said...

Looks like you guys had fun partying! Our son hated the frosting too, that is something I will never understand. I love seeing all of these pictures, because it just shows you how many people adore your little girl!! I really love the one where she is cuddling with her grandpa. She is one beautiful girl Kristi!

nikki said...

I am sad we couldn't make it. We want to celebrate again soon...our own party #3! Sound good? That cake is DARLING!!!