Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ruby and the Cemetery

(I love this tree at the cemetery. I have never seen a tree with half pink and half white blossoms) 

Beautiful moments with Ruby at the cemetery 

We are regulars at the cemetery, Ruby has come to be very familiar with it. With Lila's spot and those around her. She has become so incredibly cute about it. As soon as we pull in she starts saying "hi Lila" when we get out she runs to Lila's grave and will bend down and kiss it and tell her, "love you lila" She will continue to jabber on with Lila's name constantly in the conversation. When we leave she will say, in a very sad voice. "bye bye Lila", "love you Lila" It honestly breaks my heart every time and yet it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. It makes me feel like they still have a friendship going on. Ruby knows her, she talks about her like she is constantly here. I hope that they stay up late and talk to each other, I hope Lila is in our home. I pray she is in every thing we do. 
One time while at the cemetery, Quinn and I were talking about how much we loved that Ruby talks to Lila, how incredible this little bond is. All the while Ruby was saying "bye lila" in the back. I said to Quinn I can't believe that she starts to say hi Lila as soon as we turn into the cemetery. From the back Ruby says. " I said bye" Quinn and I were stunned. Ruby is one smart little cookie. I think she was only 17 months at the time. 
I had a really hard time on Easter. It has been one of my hardest days so far. I could not stop crying. When we went to the grave I sat down and just started to sob. My sweet 19 month old quickly came over and hugged me, without any prompting from dad, and started to kiss me. It was one of the sweetest and most needed acts of comfort I have ever received. What a saving grace this Ruby is for our family. I honestly don't know where we would be without her. 
I love to go to the cemetery there is a calm and sweet spirit there. I love that Ruby can feel it and that she loves her sister. 

No comments: