Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HOPE!!!!



We had some great news tonight. We are not out of the woods yet, but we had a glimmer of hope. Lila had her MRI today and after some long and agonizing hours we found out that things are looking better than they thought. Her optic nerve is much smaller than normal but it is functional. We talked to her ophthalmologist and she is going to have the cataract surgery this Friday with another one to follow in a week. Then she will just have to wear hard contacts before the next round of surgeries. So then it's just a waiting game.... I think my test in this life is to learn patience.
The doctors did find something to be a little concerned about. Lila is missing a part of her brain called the corpus callosum . It connects the left and right hemispheres together, but apparently there are plenty of people missing this part of the brain and you would never know, they would never know. They lead completely normal lives.
It was so great to get the news. Usually you have to wait for results (something that would have killed me!) but the radiologist reading the results was a friend of my dads. When I heard his name I called my dad who came down and read the results with the doctor. It was so sweet and special to get the great news from my dad. It was a wonderful moment, we were all bawling.
What a miracle! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU! Thank you to all of you who fasted and prayed for Lila. I believe in miracles and I believe that we had one tonight. Quinn and I were truly touched by the outpouring of love from everyone. We figured that over a hundred people fasted and prayed for Lila on Sunday. How can I ever thank you all enough! We feel so so blessed to have you all in our lives. I am so overwhelmed tonight. Thank you all so much. Please continue your prayers for Lila for the round of surgeries coming up. We know that Heavenly Father is listening to us and to all of your sweet prayers. THANK YOU!!

14 comments:

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Kris... I have been thinking about you, Lila, and Quinn all day! This is great news!! Prayers truly are answered!! (never forget this :)Hope you have some less stressful days now with this update. We will continue to have you guys in our prayers!! And good luck to little Lila for her surgery on Friday! Love you!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Kristi,

That's such great news! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better. We're so happy for you, Quinn, and Lila. What a miracle!

Love, Brandon and Lindsey

Zane and Lexi said...

OH Kristi,
What a blessing! This is great news and I'm so glad that you've had this miracle to keep you going. We're thinking of you always. Little Lila is a trooper and she's got a HUGE fan club. Look at those adorable little glasses! She's a doll :)
Love you,
Lex

Heidi said...

I am glad for the update, I have been thinking about you guys. I am also glad there is some good news, you guys and Lila will remain in our prayers.

Shai said...

Kristi I have been thinking and praying for you and your cute family! I am so happy that you have had some good news!! It made me cry reading your post! Good luck with the surgeries, and I will for sure keep praying for you guys! Oh and Lila in those glasses...how freakin cute is she!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!

Barb said...

What a blessing to hear good news! We will keep Lila in our prayers!!

Kelli said...

L.O.V.E. you three!

blythe said...

so happy for some good news! lila looks adorable in those little glasses. what a trooper she is! we'll pray that the surgery goes well. love you guys.

ann said...

Kristi,

That is such great news to hear..what a miracle!! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Love, Ann

The Lee Family said...

I am so happy for you Kristi!! I can't even imagine what it must have been like for you and Quinn. What a miracle! Of course we have been praying and will continue to pray for you and your beautiful family. Good luck with the surgery on friday.

w and w said...

Kirsti... I have been checking your blog, oh every 3 hrs. since I got your text last night. I was DYING to hear the rest. I started bawling when I read about the experience you had with your sweet dad. What a good sweet man he is. We will pray as long and as hard for this little Lila as is needed. Isn't God just good? Even if the results were different he is SO SO good. I think those darling little glasses couldn't look cuter on anyone else. So happy for you, so so happy.

Lynn and Barbs said...

Kristi,
We were so excited to hear the news about Lila. We are so grateful for this miracle and the opportunity to fast as a family for you. Heavenly Father is aware of Lila and her individual needs and will continue to bless you all on this journey. She is adorable in her little glasses! We will continue to pray for your family and will be with you every step of the way.
Barbara
Barbara

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

I am so happy that things are looking up for you 3. I hope the surgery goes very well tomorrow. Keep us posted!

Ian & Ann said...

Once again your story has brought tears to my eyes (happy ones). I feel like your not alone in the venture, we are thinking about y'all constantly + daily prayers. We love baby Lila and wish her the best!

Ian & Ann K.