Monday, August 19, 2013

Ruby Quinn

We were so blessed in welcoming little Ruby Quinn into the world yesterday. Ruby is named for my two favorite people. Quinn and I wanted her to carry her sister with her in some way, since i don't know how much time they will actually get to spend together. A ruby is Lila's birthstone. We thought what a sweet name to honor her big sis! 
I was induced at 7:30 in the morning and Ruby made her appearance at 3:44 in the afternoon. She came out screaming! Quinn and I were so excited. Lila only ever whimpered. She appears to be very healthy. It was such a neat experience. With grandma Patti, Quinn and aunt Kelli  in the room. Kelli had hurried home from her vacation and got to the hospital just in time to see Ruby be born. We are grateful to the wonderful staff and for our doctor who made this possible. I am sure he is secretly glad that this pregnancy is over and all of my paranoid phone calls will stop. Now onto the pediatrician!
Love you Ruby! You have already made your mom and dad very very happy! 





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness…looking through all of these pictures made me bawl like a baby…they were, of course, HAPPY tears for you guys!! Ruby is so beautiful and I am so glad that she was screaming her lungs out :-) I can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations Kristi and Quinn (and BIG sister Lila)!!!!

Jett Powered Foundation said...

That previous comment was from me…Tennille :-) So happy for you both!

vintageblueballoon said...

Yay!!! Welcome Ruby! So happy for you guys! Congrats, your girls are so beautiful.

Bart and Michelle said...

Love!!! What a beautiful family!!

Julie said...

You have such a beautiful little family! Congratulations! Sweet little Ruby is adorable! I LOVE her name, so very precious!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Love all these pics!! Ruby is perfect!! So thrilled for your sweet family! Love you guys.